Re: Make warning messages

From: Paul Smith
Subject: Re: Make warning messages
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2009 11:40:48 -0400

On Tue, 2009-06-09 at 13:34 +1000, John Hurst wrote:
> I've hunted high and low for information on how I might turn off the
> warning message from make: "Nothing to be done for 'xxx'", but am
> stuck.  Is there a way to disable this?

There's no way to turn off this message (well, you have the source code
so...:-))

It's not really a warning; it's considered an informational message.
You said "please make this" and make is telling you "yes, I looked to
see if anything needed to be done and no, I didn't find anything to do."

 http://www.gnu.org                      http://make.mad-scientist.us