Make File depends upon another Make File

From: Jason Todd Slack-Moehrle
Subject: Make File depends upon another Make File
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 20:09:10 -0700

HI All,

I am converting a large project that is XCode and VS based to make files. I have been away from make files for a very long time.

Is it possible to have a make file depend upon another make file?

Say I have 3 libraries that I need compiled before I build the main project (that needs these 3 libraries).

So Library 1 must compile OK, then Library 2, then Library 3, then my main project can compile.

Can anyone provide advice?

best,

-jason