Re: Make File depends upon another Make File

From: John Calcote
Subject: Re: Make File depends upon another Make File
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 21:56:48 -0600

Hi Jason,

You can either include one makefile in the other:
-----------
# Makefile A
include directory-b/makefile
-----------
or you can call one makefile from the other:
-----------
# Makefile A

all: $(deps)
        cd directory-b && $(MAKE) $(MAKEFLAGS) $@
-----------

Regards,
John

On 6/23/2009 9:36 PM, Jason Todd Slack-Moehrle wrote:

Am I right in thinking it is something like:

Target A: <commands>
<commands>
<commands>
<commands>

Target B: Target A

-Jason

On Jun 23, 2009, at 8:09 PM, Jason Todd Slack-Moehrle wrote:

HI All,

I am converting a large project that is XCode and VS based to make files. I have been away from make files for a very long time.

Is it possible to have a make file depend upon another make file?

Say I have 3 libraries that I need compiled before I build the main project (that needs these 3 libraries).

So Library 1 must compile OK, then Library 2, then Library 3, then my main project can compile.

Can anyone provide advice?

best,

-jason