Re: Make behaviour changes with new kernel?

From: julvr
Subject: Re: Make behaviour changes with new kernel?
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 17:17:23 -0700 (PDT)

OK, after some more investigation, it looks like this boils down to whether
EXTRA_CFLAGS is recursivly expanded or simply expanded...  But again, I'm a
bit out of my depth in this:  In the kernel, there are several places where
you see

EXTRA_CFLAGS = xxx

and others where you see

EXTRA_CFLAGS := xxxx

(usb/storage/Makefile and fs/ntfs/Makefile for example)and then a whole lot
of += modifiers...   So if you have both of these in your make-path, which
one takes precedence?  If I include a single file that has a :=, does that
effect all other files, or just sub-makefiles of it?  Does 'export' have any
effect on this

Thanks,

John