Re: read a source file with gnu make?

From: Paul Smith
Subject: Re: read a source file with gnu make?
Date: Tue, 27 May 2014 17:45:16 -0400

On Tue, 2014-05-27 at 14:01 -0700, patrick wrote:
> Hello,
> I am begginer with gnu make and I am trying to implement the next:
> -I have a source file which contains include directive
> -I have a make file with the next content:
>
> file_nam=demo_c0.txt
> file_content=$(shell cat ${file_nam})
> rez=$(word 1,$(file_content))
> f:
>       echo $(rez)
>
> When I am executing this nothing is displayed,
>  but if I change the content of my demo with something ordinary it works,
>  what should I do in this case, is there any solution?

I'm sorry but I don't understand what you want to do.  What do you mean
by "an include directive"?

What the above does is print the first word in the file demo_c0.txt.  Is
that not what you want?  Is that not what it does?

Please provide a complete example, including the contents of the
"demo_c0.txt" file and the make command you run, and show output you get
(cut and paste it from the actual invocation, please, don't just
paraphrase it), and explain what output you WANTED to get.