Silent and verbose make

From: Emmanuel Mayssat
Subject: Silent and verbose make
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2016 16:43:39 -0800

I am using a wrapper for the make utility.
By default my wrapper is to run in silent mode (i.e. with -s flag)
I would like to be able to reverse the silent flag with the same command
line (more elegant!)

Is there something like
make -s -v
that would return make to a verbose mode?

PS: Of course 'make' would work, but I don't want to touch the command
prefix
PS: Something like make VAR=value VAR=other_value VAR=final_value which is
a trick I use all the time. Is there something similar to reverse the
silent mode?
--
Emmanuel