Re: Missing INSTALL file in 4.3

From: Paul Smith
Subject: Re: Missing INSTALL file in 4.3
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2020 10:53:51 -0400

On Fri, 2020-04-10 at 14:26 +0000, Laurenz Roth via Users list for the
GNU implementation of make wrote:
> As instructed by the README file I am now looking for the INSTALL
> file, but cannot seem to find it using the command below. That being
> said, it is present in the source files of 4.2. Can I just use that
> one, or am I overlooking something here?

Wow that is... so weird.  The file exists in the source and I don't
recall changing anything about packaging... I have no idea how it
disappeared.

Yes, you can use the one from the previous release.  This file is
pretty standard and unchanging.

Thanks for the note, we will address this for the next release.