help-nano

Re: What Happened to Controll+w in 8.1?

From: Chime Hart
Subject: Re: What Happened to Controll+w in 8.1?
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2024 06:53:11 -0700 (PDT)

Well, thanks much Jordi, replacing with an older file seemed to have solved an issue. When I noticed this line in the newer file
## If you want ^F, ^B, M-F and M-B to do what they did before version 8.0:
I had tried editing a nanorc in nano which obviously for me was broken. I certainly wanted to restore settings I was familliar with. It seems there were many keyboard changes in an 8 version.
Chime