help-nano

Re: Arrow keys and others via ssh

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: Arrow keys and others via ssh
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2024 17:25:54 +0200

I used the direct install - Downloaded the proper zip file, [...]

The proper zip file?  What is the proper zip file?
As far as I know, we don't offer support for Windows?

The problem is that I have the ssh-server  for Windows installed, and when I
log in via ssh and run nano, it successfully loads the file, but I can't
navigate inside the file.

Pressing any arrow key generates an [ unbound key ] message on nano's
status-line.

What is TERM set to on your local machine (before ssh'ing)
and what it is set to on the remote machine?

Is terminfo installed on the remote machine?

When (inside nano) you type Alt+V and then the arrow-left key,
what gets inserted into the buffer?  (For me it is "^[[D", sans
quotes.  But what is it for you?)

When you run `nano --raw` on the remote machine, do the arrow
keys then work properly?

Benno