[Help-smalltalk] Cairo + SDL

From: Tony Garnock-Jones
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] Cairo + SDL
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 15:06:12 +0100

Hi all,

Back in January, me and Michael Bridgen took two pieces of code:

 - Mike Anderson's 2006 LGPL'd Cairo interface, and
 - Brad Watson's 2006 GPL'd SDL interface

and integrated them. We also built a couple of lightweight demos - Michael's interest is in a Raskin-style zooming user interface, and my interest is in a lightweight, shoes-style UI for use, among other things, with my Openmoko phone.

The code's been sitting idle for a while, and with Francois' GSoC project, now seems a good time to let it go free.

The code is in a darcs repository, http://www.eighty-twenty.org/~tonyg/Darcs/gst-zowie/

Roads into the code start from:
 - demo.st: simple cairo/sdl test
 - buttondemo.st: My widget set and test program
 - zowie.st: MikeB's zooming-UI and test program

A note on licensing: Since we used Brad's GPLd work, our code also falls under the GPL. Share and enjoy!

Comments welcome. One thing we'd like to see done is a split-out (and clean-up) of the Cairo+SDL library code from the code that uses it. We don't mind if the code forks, or if people would prefer to submit patches - either way is fine.

Regards,
  Tony