[Help-smalltalk] A problem with gst-convert (total newbie)

From: Rafał Mużyło
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] A problem with gst-convert (total newbie)
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 23:59:53 +0200

I must stress that I know nothing about smalltalk.

I found a program, a mcz package, that I wanted to test.
As far as I know it's written in squeak (well, the source file extracted
from the package).
When I try to run `gst-convert -f squeak <filename>` the result is:
Object: PackageLoader class error: Invalid argument Parser: package not
found
SystemExceptions.PackageNotAvailable(Exception)>>signal
SystemExceptions.PackageNotAvailable(Exception)>>signal:
SystemExceptions.PackageNotAvailable class(SystemExceptions.NotFound
class)>>signalOn:what:
SystemExceptions.PackageNotAvailable class>>signal:
optimized [] in PackageLoader class>>fileInPackages:
[] in
Kernel.PackageDirectories(Kernel.PackageGroup)>>extractDependenciesFor:ifMissing:
Kernel.PackageDirectories>>at:ifAbsent:
[] in
Kernel.PackageDirectories(Kernel.PackageGroup)>>extractDependenciesFor:ifMissing:
Array(SequenceableCollection)>>do:
Kernel.PackageDirectories(Kernel.PackageGroup)>>extractDependenciesFor:ifMissing:
PackageLoader class>>fileInPackages:
PackageLoader class>>fileInPackage:
UndefinedObject>>executeStatements
/usr/share/smalltalk/kernel/../scripts/Convert.st:80: invalid scope
resolution
/usr/share/smalltalk/kernel/../scripts/Convert.st:104: invalid scope
resolution
/usr/share/smalltalk/kernel/../scripts/Convert.st:121: invalid scope
resolution
/usr/share/smalltalk/kernel/../scripts/Convert.st:145: invalid scope
resolution
/usr/share/smalltalk/kernel/../scripts/Convert.st:155: key STInST not
found
/usr/share/smalltalk/kernel/../scripts/Convert.st:155: expected Eval,
Namespace or class definition
/usr/share/smalltalk/kernel/../scripts/Convert.st:170: expected object

I only installed smalltalk for this program.
The program in question is
DrGeoII-HilaireFernandes.113.mcz from
http://www.squeaksource.com/DrGeoII.html
There's a good chance it won't work anyway, as it seems that it's using
squeak gui, but the question for now is why gst-convert doesn't work.
And if you're willing to help, CC me, cause I turned off mail delivery.