Re: [Help-smalltalk] A problem with gst-convert (total newbie)

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] A problem with gst-convert (total newbie)
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 13:40:04 +0200

Rafa? Mu?y?o wrote:
I must stress that I know nothing about smalltalk.

I found a program, a mcz package, that I wanted to test.
As far as I know it's written in squeak (well, the source file extracted
from the package).
When I try to run `gst-convert -f squeak <filename>` the result is:

Yes, you have to extract the .st source file and pass it to gst-convert.

Object: PackageLoader class error: Invalid argument Parser: package not
found

Can you 1) execute "Directory systemKernel" and see what it gives; 2) look on your disk for Parser.star and send the path?

Also, did you install from a binary distribution, or from source?

The program in question is DrGeoII-HilaireFernandes.113.mcz from
http://www.squeaksource.com/DrGeoII.html
There's a good chance it won't work anyway,

Yes, but let's look at the other problem.