Re: [Help-smalltalk] gst does not like file name that contains #?

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] gst does not like file name that contains #?
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 08:39:22 +0200

I am using gst 3.0.2. It looks like file name that contains $# triggers some VFS related file name munging. I don't like weird looking file names myself, but emacs uses #bluh# as autosaved backup for edited files and I don't like my smalltalk program to crash:(

Yes, that's why it was changed (incompatibly) in 3.1. :-(

I think you can hack around it saying that a # at the *end* of the name does not count in VFSHandler class >> #for: (in kernel/VFS.st of 3.0.2). Do you want to try making a patch or should I?