[Help-smalltalk] gst does not like file name that contains #?

From: Derek Zhou
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] gst does not like file name that contains #?
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 23:29:42 -0700

Here it goes:
address@hidden:~/unzip$ ls
#a#
address@hidden:~/unzip$ gst
GNU Smalltalk ready

st> Smalltalk at: #d put: (Directory name: '.')!
<Directory /home/derek/unzip>
st> d do: [ :name | (d at: name) printNl ]!
Object: '/home/derek/unzip/#a#' error: Invalid argument 20: argument must be
between 22 and 21
SystemExceptions.ArgumentOutOfRange(Exception)>>signal
SystemExceptions.ArgumentOutOfRange(Exception)>>signal:
SystemExceptions.ArgumentOutOfRange class>>signalOn:mustBeBetween:and:
String(ArrayedCollection)>>copyFrom:to:
VFS.VFSHandler class>>for:
VFS.RealFileHandler(VFS.VFSHandler)>>at:
Directory>>at:
optimized [] in UndefinedObject>>executeStatements
VFS.RealFileHandler>>do:
Directory>>do:
UndefinedObject>>executeStatements
nil

I am using gst 3.0.2. It looks like file name that contains $# triggers some
VFS related file name munging.
I don't like weird looking file names myself, but emacs uses #bluh# as
autosaved backup for edited files and I don't like my smalltalk program to
crash:(
Derek