[Help-smalltalk] Re: [feature] make TwistedPools the default pool search

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] Re: [feature] make TwistedPools the default pool search order
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 11:39:52 -0700

Issue status update for http://smalltalk.gnu.org/project/issue/206 Post a follow up: http://smalltalk.gnu.org/project/comments/add/206

Project:      GNU Smalltalk
Version:      <none>
Component:    STInST
Category:     feature requests

ok, that's good.  I could find in GCC a nice implementation of
IdentitySet, and with that it was quite easy to implement TwistedPools
in the VM.  It is in my personal git repo.

Tests pass, but still, two more eyes can only do best.  And there is
also some pleaing for help:

/* Add POOLOOP and all of its superspaces to the list in the
  right order (Stephen, please help me... :-).  */

It's actually just a matter of copying from the right wiki page, if you
don't have time I can do it.

Thanks again for noticing the need for this feature, for the precise
description of the problem and (as usual) for the high quality of your
code and your reviews.