[Help-smalltalk] Build issue and startup...

From: Göran Krampe
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] Build issue and startup...
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 21:53:23 +0100

Hi all!

Intrigued by VisualGST being in git now I tried to clone and build according to ithe instructions.

First of all, there is a file missing, I ended up just taking this one:

http://github.com/MrGwen/gst-objectspace/blob/3253dca0e04ebe6226654c3789567ec39700616e/libgst/genbc-impl.h

...and then I got through that error. Then I got an error in building the docs... ehm, but running make once more just says it is all fine :), sorry, can't give specifics without rerunning it all.

Ok, so after doing install I get this:

address@hidden:~/gst/smalltalk$ gst-browser
Object: PackageLoader class error: Invalid argument BloxTK: package not found
SystemExceptions.PackageNotAvailable(Exception)>>signal (AnsiExcept.st:216)
SystemExceptions.PackageNotAvailable(Exception)>>signal: (AnsiExcept.st:226)
SystemExceptions.PackageNotAvailable class(SystemExceptions.NotFound class)>>signalOn:what: (AnsiExcept.st:938)
SystemExceptions.PackageNotAvailable class>>signal: (PkgLoader.st:57)

...hrm! Platform is Xubuntu, 9.10 (Karmic).

regards, Göran