Re: [Help-smalltalk] Best way to find if a string begins with a particul

From: Gwenaël Casaccio
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Best way to find if a string begins with a particular string..
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 09:21:21 +0200

On 16/10/2012 20:41, Rick Flower wrote:
Hi all..

So I've been writing code this morning to parse various things and I'm not
sure what the best way to do for this next piece I need..

I need to determine if a string (read in from a stream) has a specified
string prefix present or not and return a boolean..

So, below are some example strings and the respective results :

'FooBarBaz' isStringPrefixPresent: 'Foo' -->true

'FooBarBaz' isStringPrefixPresent: 'Bar' --> false

'./mycoolfilename' isStringPrefixPresent: './' --> true

Is there a good way to do this without funny looping character by
character? I'll probably do that initially but thought I'd ask from
you that probably know better than I do..

Thx!

--Rick