Re: [help-texinfo] texi2dvi: AUC-TeX and depots

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] texi2dvi: AUC-TeX and depots
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 16:01:34 -0500

    +  . pdftexi2dvi is a new wrapper to `texi2dvi --pdf', equal to texi2pdf,
    +    for sake of AUC-TeX which prepends `pdf' to the compilation command
    +    when requested to produce PDF.

Seems ugly.  We already have one pointless wrapper, texi2pdf.  Do we
really need to add another?  Is it not feasible for auctex to add an if
statement to avoid this?  Or how about simply making an alias for
yourself, since I rather suspect that the intersection of auctex and
texi2dvi users is a single person :)?

    +  -d, --depot=DIR  specify where the tidy compilation is performed.

I don't especially like the term `depot', since I associate it with
source code repositories.  How about simply --tidy-dir, or --directory
if there's a chance it will sometime be used in other modes?

Other than that, it looks fine to me.  I'll wait for your reply to apply
it, though.

Thanks,
Karl