Re: [help-texinfo] Overloading function defs inside and across languages

From: Jean-Louis Leroy
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] Overloading function defs inside and across languages
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2005 10:30:44 +0000

> What is the library?  (Just curious.)

>From the doc I'm typing:

Tangram is a suite of tools that eases application development in
several languages. Currently Tangram is available in C++, Java and
Perl. The available tools cover tasks like persistence in relational
databases or in XML files, object dumping to HTML or text, code
generation and finding the differences between two graphs of objects.

At a deeper level, Tangram is also a framework that greatly simplifies
the creation of such tools.

See also http://www.soundobjectlogic.com/downloads/yapc/2005/tour.pdf

> How about the libstdc++, iostream, or even the old libg++ libraries?
> Hopefully in the GCC source distribution, although I haven't
> checked.

I'll have a look. Thanks for the pointers.

> In general, discussing such things in the manual would be great, but I
> don't know the best way to handle them; I can't remember these issues
> coming up before.  If you can send new text and examples to improve the
> manual, that would be great.

I'll do it.

I'm impressed with Texinfo, it's very easy to type texinfo, and the
printed manuals come out really beautiful.

> I imagine that you might find that some changes to the Texinfo language
> itself would help your manual considerably.  Please let me know and we
> can discuss ...

You mean by means of macros?
--
Jean-Louis Leroy