Re: [help-texinfo] New Texi parser?

From: Jean-Louis Leroy
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] New Texi parser?
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 17:40:42 +0000

Hello Karl & folks,

I couldn't resist giving a shot at a parser along the lines we
discusses a while ago. After two half-daysI came up with a baby
implementation which you can find here:
http://jimi.soundobjectlogic.com/darcs/texitools/. It can parse this
texi file
http://jimi.soundobjectlogic.com/darcs/texitools/Texinfo-Parser/t/basic.texi
which includes this
http://jimi.soundobjectlogic.com/darcs/texitools/Texinfo-Parser/t/copying.texi.
Well more or less, I have not nailed down the details of macros
arguments in what is still an experiment.

However, I went for the two things that seemed a bit more complex,
namely macros and file inclusion.

It's tempting to start an open-source project to have a kit of
flexible texi tools. How large is the community? Are there people
among you who'd want to participate in such a project? And perhaps
Karl find a little time to point out the tricky parts? Just testing
waters here but if interest shows up I can comment more on my
implementation...

Happy new year to you all...
--
Jean-Louis Leroy