Re: [help-texinfo] getting the vector version of an image into a PDF

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] getting the vector version of an image into a PDF
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 23:34:16 GMT

Hi Rick,

    get it to use the scalable version of the images I've created rather
    than the bitmapped when creating the PDF.

I guess I should change texinfo.tex to look for .pdf in preference to
.png and .jpg when generating PDF output.  Right now there's no way to
alter that behavior in texinfo.tex.  (You can specify an extension as an
optional argument for makeinfo, but TeX doesn't look at that.)

As a workaround, if you move your .png or .jpg aside, then run texi2pdf,
it should find the .pdf.  Then move the bitmaps back for the makeinfo
run (if you do that).

BTW, as for the HTML, if you want to use your .svg's, add one more optional
argument:
@image{foo,,,,.svg}

HTH,
karl

(I'll be offline the next few days (back Wednesday), so hope others can
answer if problems persist.)