[help-texinfo] File no longer builds after upgrade to Texinfo 5.0

From: Mat Booth
Subject: [help-texinfo] File no longer builds after upgrade to Texinfo 5.0
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2013 16:37:12 +0000

Hi all,

I have a texinfo file http://mbooth.fedorapeople.org/pp3.texi that I
build with makeinfo that used to work fine with Texinfo 4, but now
fails with Texinfo 5 with the following error:

[[[
address@hidden ~]$ makeinfo --html --enable-encoding --no-split  pp3.texi
perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
        LANGUAGE = (unset),
        LC_ALL = (unset),
        LANG = "en"
You found a bug: context rawpreformatted instead of line or def

Additional informations:
last location: pp3.texi:537
context_stack: (_root rawpreformatted rawpreformatted line rawpreformatted)
current: (misc_line_arg) :   contents(3)
 <- @cindex
Died at /usr/share/texinfo/Texinfo/Parser.pm line 1667.
]]]

This is my first exposure to Texinfo so I am afraid I am unable to
make a smaller reproduction case. The error message "You found a bug:
context rawpreformatted instead of line or def" means absolutely
nothing to me and I cannot find any reference to this error message in
the manual at http://www.gnu.org/software/texinfo/manual/texinfo/texinfo.html
Even Googling for it finds nothing relevant, only messages from the
texinfo commits mailing list.

I would very much appreciate any hints on how to get this working with
Texinfo 5.

Thanks,
Mat

--