Re: [help-texinfo] how to suppress the "nodelines" in unsplit HTML?

From: Gavin Smith
Subject: Re: [help-texinfo] how to suppress the "nodelines" in unsplit HTML?
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2017 15:53:15 +0100

> Also, I think there should be a <hr> line before the Table of Contents at
> the very end of the page.  How do I get such a line in there with texi2any?

You have the @contents at the end of the last node. There is no Texinfo
command to create a horizontal rule.

If you move the contents before the first node, then the horizontal rule
before the first node will visually separate the contents from what
follows.

I couldn't find any way to add a rule before the table of contents.
Putting it in its own node is wrong because that adds an extra heading
before the table of contents, so that it actually has two headings.

On Mon, Jun 26, 2017 at 05:55:57PM +0200, Benno Schulenberg wrote:
> Yes, with --no-headers the lines with links are gone, thanks, but so are
> the menus, and I don't want that.  I can compensate by putting the table
> of contents at the beginning of the document, but then this table is
> empty in the pdf output.

It is empty if you process the manual with pdftex but not if you use
texi2any.

Note that the table of contents doesn't compensate for the
all the menus, because some of the chapters have sections (like
Chapter 4 "Editor Basics") and so would have their own menus.

It turns out you can omit headers but show the menus by replacing
'--no-headers' with '-c HEADERS=0'.  (To omit the menus as well, use
'-c SHOW_MENU=0'.)