Re: Texinfo Development Version and texinfo.texi

From: Gavin Smith
Subject: Re: Texinfo Development Version and texinfo.texi
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2020 09:58:30 +0000

On Tue, Dec 22, 2020 at 04:58:56AM +0100, Christopher Dimech wrote:
> When installing the Texinfo Development version, one customarily also gets the
> latest texinfo.tex macro file.  Currently I fut the macro-file in the
> directory
> of the master tex file.  What would be a more permanent solution than having
> copy the file this local way.

You should copy the file to where your TeX installation will look for it.  See
doc/README.

E.g. on my system there are two possible locations,
one under /usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/texinfo or
/usr/share/texmf/tex/texinfo.  I would try similar locations and find which
one works.

Of course it would better if this could be done automatically but this may
not be possible to do well.