Re: Relating multiple index entries to one table item

From: Gavin Smith
Subject: Re: Relating multiple index entries to one table item
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2022 18:16:42 +0000

On Thu, Dec 01, 2022 at 03:29:34PM +0100, Arsen Arsenović wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > It looks like gather_previous_items supports @itemx (at least in the
> > Non-XS parser), so I might be able to figure that out tomorrow, sadly, I
> > am out of time for the day.  Hopefully, it wouldn't be too hard to
> > recover the anchors too (people have taken to like them a lot :) ).
>
> So, I took a crack at this.
>
> I managed to implement a tree transform that does a similar association
> that relate_index_entries_to_table_entries_in_tree did, and enabled it
> only in the HTML backend, to produce [1] (note the presence of
> the copyable anchor) from [2].  I'm not sure the approach I took is
> correct, though, but it passes tests (I wasn't entirely sure how to add
> a test for this, so I left testing copyable anchors out for now).

This is great, it looks like you implemented it very simply.  I think
we should definitely include this patch in some form.  Can I sent you
the copyright assignment forms to fill in for the FSF?  (This is usually
a quick process that can be done online.)

I will test this patch when I have time in the next few days.