Re: New @link command for plain links

From: Andreas Falkenhahn
Subject: Re: New @link command for plain links
Date: Tue, 2 May 2023 19:55:04 +0200

On 04.04.2023 at 23:12 Gavin Smith wrote:

> I've committed a change to texinfo.tex (2023-04-04.21) to implement
> a new @link command.  Please try it and see if it is what you want. It
> is experimental and could change.  If this is a success we could implement
> it in texi2any as well.

Finally had time to give this a try and it's working really well. I've tried
a 1000+ page document with lots of cross references and found no issues.

I've one wish, though: Could the link color be made to default to the color
used by @xref? I'd like to avoid hard-coding a color in the texi file
because the color used by @xref seems to differ between different versions.
E.g. my older texinfo installation uses some kind of dark red whereas
a newer version seems to use green instead. So I think it would make sense
if @link could just use the same color as used by @xref by default.

Thanks again for adding @link, it's really helpful!

--
Best regards,