hydra-users

Re: Font configuration in the hydra build environment

From: Eelco Dolstra
Subject: Re: Font configuration in the hydra build environment
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2013 17:17:33 +0200

Hi Mike,

On 05/09/13 02:08, Mike Miller wrote:

> Hi, I am trying to add font library support to the octave hydra build.
> It has no trouble compiling and linking against the necessary
> libraries, but fails when running octave as part of the build to
> generate the manual and to run unit tests because no fonts are
> installed [1,2].
>
> I made an attempt at what I thought looked like the right way to
> install and configure a font [3], but I am missing the mark with my
> Nix scripting (lack of) skills. Can someone shed some light on how I
> can properly install a font and configure fontconfig?

That's almost right.  It should be something like:

  FONTCONFIG_FILE = makeFontsConf {
    fontDirectories =
      [ "${freefont_ttf}/share/fonts/truetype"
      ];
  };

I.e. you need to set the $FONTCONFIG_FILE environment variable, and you need the
full path to the font.

--
Eelco Dolstra | LogicBlox, Inc. | http://nixos.org/~eelco/