hyperbole-users

Be explicit here. Make a statement or ask a question.

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Be explicit here. Make a statement or ask a question.
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2020 17:29:11 +0300

I wish to test this hyperlink below and I wish to understand how to
enable Hyperbole to use URLs.

Quote:

If you enable the Hyperbole option to use URLs when finding files with
the {C-x C-f} (find-file) command via the {C-h h c f} key sequence, then
you can also use paths of the form:

    ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/

I have enabled this to use URLs:

Hide Hpath Find File Urls Mode: Toggle  on (non-nil)
    State : SAVED and set.
   This is t when a remote file access library is available and use of ftp and
http urls in file finding commands has been enabled. Hide
   Default is nil since this can slow down normal file finding.

Then I still get information ftp is not supported.

I use:  Editor:      GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X
toolkit, cairo version 1.14.8, Xaw3d scroll bars)

        Hyperbole:   7.1.3
        Sys Type:    x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
        OS Type:     gnu/linux
        Window Sys:  x