iiwusynth-devel

Re: [iiwusynth-devel] iiwu Xtra

From: Stephane Letz
Subject: Re: [iiwusynth-devel] iiwu Xtra
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 11:23:26 +0200

>First problem :

>The midi part of iiwu synth on Mac depends on MidiShare, which is a
>huge package to compile.

You don't have to recompile MidiShare. MidiShare can be installed on Mac or
Windows as a shared library that can be accessed by the application.

>I understand that midi is used as input to
>iiwusynth. Our project does not use midi input. Is it possible to
>isolate the midi input from the iiwusynth engine ? (theoretically and
>>in practice ?)

>Hello all,
>Peter had introduced me here some time ago.
>I'm driving a project called infiniteCD Author (context at
>http://www.infiniteCD.org).
>Our intend is to use the iiwusynth soft synth as our audio base, by
>encapsulating it into Director, as an Xtra.
>We will also add new features to iiwusynth, as discussed with Peter,
>especially a sequencer.

The is Player library that could be use for this purpose (or course that
need to install MidiShare)

You can look at :

http://www.grame.fr/MidiShare/SCPP/dev.html#lib

The documentation for the API can be found here

http://cvs.grame.fr/cgi-bin/player-cvs/player/doc/Player2.0.pdf

Stephane Letz

Grame: Centre National de creation musicale
9, Rue du Garet
69001 Lyon
Tel: 04-72-07-37-00
Fax: 04-72-07-37-01