iiwusynth-devel

Re: [iiwusynth-devel] iiwusynth: CVS update (noteon and noteoff)

From: Peter Hanappe
Subject: Re: [iiwusynth-devel] iiwusynth: CVS update (noteon and noteoff)
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2002 21:15:49 +0200

M. Nentwig wrote:
Hello all,

My own changes to the
noteoff code are also included (now a stuck note can be released by
hitting the same key again).
The main reason that I'm getting stuck notes seems to come from the
mechanics of one particular keyboard - but that is beyond the control of
iiwusynth.

There is some confusion about what notes should be turned off when a
note off is received. Should it be 1) all the notes with the given
channel-key pair or 2) only the oldest note with the given channel-key pair?
I've been told only the oldest note should be turned off. That's why I
use the ID of the notes to find the oldest note.
Maybe we should make it an option rather than hard code one or the
other solution.

Cheers,
Peter

Cheers