iiwusynth-devel

Re: [iiwusynth-devel] iiwusynth static lib on Windows

From: Peter Hanappe
Subject: Re: [iiwusynth-devel] iiwusynth static lib on Windows
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 10:41:05 +0200

Hi Stephane,

I don't have much experience making static libraries on Windows so
I can only guess. Are you sure the driver and the library use the
same malloc function? In particular, are they both compiled with the
same debug/optimization flags? Also, check that it is linked with the
same runtime library. In particular, verify that the both use the
multi-threaded or single-threaded one.I can't think of anything else
right now. Is it possible to step thru the code with a debugger?

Ahhh, yes! Because of the bad design of DirectSound, iiwusynth needs
a handle to the application or DLL instance (a HINSTANCE) to open
DirectSound. As a DLL, it obtains the handle in the DllMain function
in iiwu_dll.c. When you link to it as a static library, you will
have to set the hinstance variable explicitely before creating the
synthesizer. The function to call is iiwu_set_hinstance and is defined
in iiwu_dll.c.

Hope this helps.

(BTW, why not keep it as a DLL?)

Best,
Peter

Stephane Letz wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to compile iiwusynth as a static libary on Windows. This library is later used in a MidiShare driver. I have some crash problems : allocation a new iiwusynth crash immediatly, seems in a malloc call. It there any specific compiler options to be used when compiling the library? or any other issue to be considered?

Thanks

Stephane Letz

Grame: Centre National de creation musicale
9, Rue du Garet
69001 Lyon
Tel: 04-72-07-37-00
Fax: 04-72-07-37-01