iiwusynth-devel

Re: [iiwusynth-devel] iiwusynth static lib on Windows

From: Stephane Letz
Subject: Re: [iiwusynth-devel] iiwusynth static lib on Windows
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 10:58:31 +0200

>Hi Stephane,
>
>I don't have much experience making static libraries on Windows so
>I can only guess. Are you sure the driver and the library use the
>same malloc function? In particular, are they both compiled with the
>same debug/optimization flags? Also, check that it is linked with the
>same runtime library. In particular, verify that the both use the
>multi-threaded or single-threaded one.I can't think of anything else
>right now. Is it possible to step thru the code with a debugger?

Hi Peter,

Yes i will check debug/optimization flags and link.

It seems a bit complex to debug since the dll that use the static iiwusynth
code is loaded by MidiShare (and not by the system) and the  debugger seems
not to go into this code.

>Ahhh, yes! Because of the bad design of DirectSound, iiwusynth needs
>a handle to the application or DLL instance (a HINSTANCE) to open
>DirectSound. As a DLL, it obtains the handle in the DllMain function
>in iiwu_dll.c. When you link to it as a static library, you will
>have to set the hinstance variable explicitely before creating the
>synthesizer. The function to call is iiwu_set_hinstance and is defined
>in iiwu_dll.c.

I'm not using DirectSound, i'm trying the PortAudio code.

>(BTW, why not keep it as a DLL?)

Because i would like to reduce the number of dll, i have :
mshare.dll that use msSynthDriver.dll that contains the iiwusynth code.

Stephane

Grame: Centre National de creation musicale
9, Rue du Garet
69001 Lyon
Tel: 04-72-07-37-00
Fax: 04-72-07-37-01