iiwusynth-devel

Re: [iiwusynth-devel] Individual channel and reverb / chorus outputs

From: Tim Goetze
Subject: Re: [iiwusynth-devel] Individual channel and reverb / chorus outputs
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 12:48:59 +0200 (CEST)

me wrote:

>An added bonus is that it would become possible to directly use
>buffers from outside the synth (mix into existing fx sends, audio
>busses, use Jack shm segments etc) which is very attractive because it
>increases cache locality.

What have I been smoking? Of course this doesn't work right away
because the synth does blocks (of 64 frames) of signal at a time.

In general, I still like my idea but it does require dropping the
block-at-a-time approach. OK, that'd go deep, but most if not all
audio output interfaces process even-sized blocks already.

still thinking ...

tim