iiwusynth-devel

Re: [iiwusynth-devel] Name change

From: Josh Green
Subject: Re: [iiwusynth-devel] Name change
Date: 24 Aug 2002 13:09:51 -0700

On Sat, 2002-08-24 at 10:40, Peter Hanappe wrote:

> "to bust" also means "to arrest". Not so nice. ("You have the right to
> remain silent. Everything you play on this synth can be used
> against you...") It seems fun at first but I think it wears off. Also,
> I'd like to avoid attaching the name of the synth to some genre of
> music.

Yeah, its already old for me :)

> The problem with 'synthom' is that synthom.{com,de} exists and is
> dedicated to a band playing "leicht modifizierten Disco". (I assume
> that means "slightly modified disco", no mp3's available).
> At first I was thrown off by that but after a second thought I don't
> think it matters that much. I think the difference is clear enough.
> So unless many of you object I'd still like to go ahead with 'synthom'.

Synthom seems hard to pronounce too though (is it an "um" or "ome"
ending?) Maybe Synthome? Or Synth-om (as in the Hindu sound of creation
oooommm). Or maybe Synthomae (perhaps use the e with the / accent mark
over it, not sure how to type that on a US keyboard though). I don't
really like the "um" ending, kind of ends flat. Anyways.. My couple o
cents, whatever thats worth :)

> Cheers,
> Peter

Cheers.