iiwusynth-devel

RE: [iiwusynth-devel] Jamming with FluidSynth :)

From: Josh Green
Subject: RE: [iiwusynth-devel] Jamming with FluidSynth :)
Date: 03 Mar 2003 13:25:53 -0800

On Mon, 2003-03-03 at 00:48, M. Nentwig wrote:
> OK, I have an idea what could cause the effect. I believe the 'width'
> parameter in the reverb unit should be 0 < width < 1.
> >From iiwu_rev.c:
>
>   rev->wet1 = rev->wet * (rev->width / 2 + 0.5f);
>   rev->wet2 = rev->wet * ((1 - rev->width) / 2);
>
> If it were like this, then the range check in iiwu_cmd would have to be
> fixed.
>
> Could you try again, just use a reverb width of 1?
>
> Cheers
>
> Markus

Nope.. Does it as well, even lowered it to 0.8. I still think its a
problem with the filter, triggering something with reverb. I just did a
test. I put this at the beginning of the for loop in
iiwu_revmodel_processmix in iiwu_rev.c:

    if (input < 0.0 || input > 1.0) printf ("Out of range: %f\n",
input);

When things go kaaaabooom, I get a whole string of this messages with
the values going < 0 and sometimes going all the way down to
-483714662400.000000. I put some of these printfs in the iiwu_dsp_core
filter loop as well and I find things get out of range on kaboom. I'm
not really sure whats getting messed up though. Perhaps filter
coefficients? I'm assuming its the filter that is the source of the
problem, reverb just doesn't like the values it is getting. I think at
this point you could probably figure out whats going on much faster than
me. Cheers.
        Josh