info-sather

Re: Is there a CGI module kicking around?

From: Michael Talbot-Wilson
Subject: Re: Is there a CGI module kicking around?
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 16:50:30 +0930 (CST)

On Wed, 28 Mar 2012, Duke Normandin wrote:

> Have you guys heard of such a Sather module?

Not me.  Not a Sather CGI class that I know of.  I guess I'd use PHP
on Apache if I wanted something like that.

> How about a SQL module of some sort - mysql; postgress; sqlite3??

Yes!  David W. Simons wrote something called pgsaql, an interface to
PostgreSQL.  Years ago.  I've been using it ever since.  There are
recently-added libpg query and other functions not included.  It makes
a connection and does PQexec(), whose argument is an SQL query string,
but (from memory) not PQexecParams() which takes typed arguments.

> Is there a repository somewhere?

Dunno.  He offered it as new classes for the GNU Sather library but
the maintainer at the time didn't take it up.  (Not for any good
reason - there's nothing wrong with it.)  May be now in the contribs
file at ftp.gnu.org:/pub/gnu/sather though I haven't checked it yet.

Give me a week or two (don't tie me down!) and I'll put a version of
Sather there that has a Contribs directory with pgsaql in it.  It or
an update will eventually be Sather library classes.

Regards,
Mike

--
Michael Talbot-Wilson