kmldonkey-users

Re: [kmldonkey] woody deb

From: Petter E. Stokke
Subject: Re: [kmldonkey] woody deb
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 15:52:26 +0100

On Wednesday 25 February 2004 12:05, Morbid Angel wrote:
> >Evidently the packager has misplaced a few things. libkcm_kcmdonkey.la
> > is the
> >control centre plugin file and should be in $KDEDIR/lib/kde3 (which
> > should be /usr/lib/kde3 on woody). It can alternately be named
> > kcm_kcmdonkey.la, the
> >control centre should be able to find both.
> >
> >But the easy answer is dist-upgrade to sid and use the official debs.
> > :)
>
> Hmmm I have copied the kcm_kcmdonkey.la into this dir as
> libkcm_kcmdonkey.la
>
> But now I get an other error:
>
> libkcm_kcmdonkey.a: cannot open share object file: No such file or dir
>
> this file libkcm_kcmdonkey.a is in the /usr/lib/kde3 dir
>
> Whats the problem now?

The error message doesn't really say. I'd seriously recommend installing
from source instead. ./configure --prefix=/usr should ensure everything is
put in the right place on a Debian box (although I can only really vouch
for the official Debian KDE 3.1 packages, which don't exist for Woody, but
I doubt it would be any different).

--
Petter E. Stokke <address@hidden> http://www.gibreel.net/
PGP key: http://www.gibreel.net/key.asc