koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] $count2 in fines.pl and other questions

From: Pat Eyler
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] $count2 in fines.pl and other questions
Date: Mon Apr 8 18:03:02 2002

On Tue, 9 Apr 2002, Chris Cormack wrote:

> You can safely ignore fines.pl, fines2.pl in misc is the real overdue
> calculating script.

Does this mean fines.pl can disappear and fines2.pl be renamed to fines.pl
(no sense in leaving dead files around to confuse people).

> But it has the same thing, and yep that was just a debugging tool :-)
> So it can disappear

I thought it might be.  I've noticed a few other things that look like
debugging code.  What about making them more obvious (and leaving them
uncommented if you like) by doing something like:

print $numOverdueItems if $DEBUG

then when we want to debug something ... we just define a global $DEBUG
and voila.

-pate