koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] [CVS help] how to transmit a modification in a file

From: Pat Eyler
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] [CVS help] how to transmit a modification in a file
Date: Wed Apr 10 06:29:34 2002

On Wed, 10 Apr 2002, paul POULAIN wrote:

> I've just modified index.html, and created 2 (dirty) pictures for the
> link to /admin/ dir.
>
> cvs add for the 2 gif files is done, but how to update index.html ?
>
> Newbie at CVS...
>
> "cvs import" I think, but what's the syntax ?

normally you should do 'cvs update' first (to make sure you get any
changes), then 'cvs commit'.  Also note that 'cvs add' doesn't upload the
new files, it just marks them as part of the repository.  your next 'cvs
commit' will upload them.

you might want to look at
  http://cvsbook.red-bean.com/
for many more answers to your cvs questions.

-pate