koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] First cut of a tarball

From: Pat Eyler
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] First cut of a tarball
Date: Fri Apr 26 07:13:07 2002

On Sat, 27 Apr 2002, Chris Cormack wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Ive put up
> http://developer.koha.org/koha-1.1.2-rc1.tgz

Great!  Hopefully we can get this stabilized and out the door RSN.

> Basically for ppl to take a look at, and check the structure.
> Ive included the most current html and perl.
> As well as the 1.1.2 changelog.
>
> Basically my idea was that if ppl could grab a copy and take a look, then
> when we talk about replacing such and such with something else. Everyone
> will have an idea of what we are talking about.
>
> So take a look, tell me whats its missing, or whats its got that it doesnt
> need, and we'll go from there.

Do we want to have a NEWS file talking about user/admin visible changes
since 1.1.1?  (The toplevel Changelog looks like the right thing.)

Is installer.pl going to be ready ready for 1.1.2?  If not, we should
probably pull it from the tarball.  (Can we add a test-runner to the
install routine?)

There are two mysql files, we should ensure that only one is in the
tarball.

There are two ChangeLogs, one in scripts and one in the top level dir ...
we should probably only keep one (the toplevel).  We'll want to either
copy the scripts/ChangeLog up (if we're not going to track changes in
koha-html) or create a ChangeLog in koha-html and merge the two lower
level logs into one top-level log in the tarball.

-pate