koha-devel

[Koha-devel] code cleaning (2)

From: paul POULAIN
Subject: [Koha-devel] code cleaning (2)
Date: Thu Nov 21 01:59:02 2002

Ok, I've deleted unused scripts (aka scripts claimed by nobody, and that are not mine ;-) ) I've deleted the "includes" directory in the koha-html part of koha : it includes only templates and .inc files that are also in koha/koha-tmpl/intranet.

I've a some remaining questions...

About koha-html :
=============
* What is koha-html/intranet-html/opac done for ? isn't it old html ? (seems the same as koha-html/opac-html, which is the true opac html path) ?
* is koha-html/opac-html/includes used somewhere ?

Root koha directory :
In the root koha directory, there are some scripts that are for koha (addwebsite.pl, admin-home.pl)... and some that are for installation or command-line tasks (barcodes.pl, ChangeLog, fixBranches.pl, Hints, HOWTO-testing, INSTALL, install*, koha.mysql, koha.t, koha.upgrade, LICENSE, News, README, sampledata-1.2, testKoha, TODO if i don't mind). I think the code would be clearer if we put all of them in a specific directory. misc/ already contains some tools that are related to install, maintaining... So, I propose that all SCRIPTS not needed to run koha are moved to the misc directory. All the INFORMATIVE files (INSTALL, LICENSE,...) are moved in misc/info directory. (We could move the marc/ directory to misc/ too, as it's only db install stuff.

Various questions :
* Is there a way to prevent deleted directories to remain in file system : some of them are present in koha and koha-html ?

Questions/ideas/suggestions welcomed.
--
Paul