koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] call numbers

From: Tonnesen Steve
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] call numbers
Date: Thu Nov 21 12:06:10 2002

I suspect you aren't getting answers because there isn't an easy one.
What you need to do is probably going to require some modifications to
Koha.  Altering the subclass field to allow more than 3 characters should
be a simple modification.

The V.1 line is, I assume, the volume number, and can be stored in the
biblioitems table's volume field.

The C.1 bit is a little trickier, although I suspect that leaving that
part off shouldn't be a deal breaker.  It shouldn't matter to a patron
whether they get copy 1 or copy 2, and a librarian will use the barcode to
identify a specific item.

Steve.