koha-devel

[Koha-devel] Re: [Koha] Intranet Security

From: Chris Cormack
Subject: [Koha-devel] Re: [Koha] Intranet Security
Date: Fri Apr 18 19:57:05 2003

On Fri, Apr 18, 2003 at 08:34:24PM -0400, Joshua Ferraro said:
> I have been thinking about the current intranet security setup whereby any
> staff member can access any part of the intranet.  Is this the policy in the
> libraries that are currently using Koha?  It may be important to some of the
> larger systems (where more than a dozen people are using the intranet) to
> increase the levels of password protection.  My concern is less of a control
> issues and more of an "oops I just deleted our main branch" issue.  Even
> adding one more layer by seperating the admin from the normal staff functions
> might be useful.  Even better, maybe users could be added and given
> "permission" to access parts of the intranet.  What does everyone think?
> Joshua

Hi Joshua

We already have something like this implemented.
Users (be they members or staff) have a set of flags set that regulate what
they can and cant do in koha.

Currently this is the set of perimission available
http://hlt.katipo.co.nz/cgi-bin/koha/member-flags.pl?member=12739

Its pretty simple to extend that more though.

Hope this helps

Chris

027 4500 789                                       Katipo Communications Ltd
address@hidden                                          www.katipo.co.nz