koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Koha 2.2 and MARC21 and documenting

From: Paul POULAIN
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Koha 2.2 and MARC21 and documenting
Date: Thu Aug 19 04:49:38 2004

Stephen Hedges wrote:

Paul POULAIN said:
=====In Koha 2.2, the authorities are managed like biblios in Koha 2.0 :
through MARC parameters tables.
I've defined (or am defining) those tables for UNIMARC, and for various
authority types (author, subject...)
THE SAME JOB MUST BE DONE FOR MARC21.

Paul, I'm not clearly understanding what you need.  I've looked at
auth_tag_structure.pl, auth_subfields_structure.pl, and authtypes.pl and
it looks like the tables are defined independent of the MARC flavour.  Are
you looking for someone to insert some suggested MARC21 values into
"pre-loaded" tables (auth_tag_structure, auth_subfield_structure, and
auth_types).  Or do you need someone to set up MARC21_auth_tag_structure,
MARC21_auth_subfield_structure, and MARC21_auth_types?
You're right stephen, the actual code is MARC independant for authorities. It uses the auth_*_structure tables exactly like the marc_*_structure for biblios.
What we need is to fill those tables.
"transfer" http://www.loc.gov/marc/authority/ecadhome.html into Koha tables, I think.

--
Paul POULAIN