koha-devel

[Koha-devel] Koha 2.2 and MARC21 and documenting

From: Paul POULAIN
Subject: [Koha-devel] Koha 2.2 and MARC21 and documenting
Date: Wed Aug 18 01:49:04 2004

Hi,

I'm installing the "Ecole des Mines de Nantes" with a future 2.2 in "real life". It's the occasion to fix many bugs, but it works quite well for instance.

So, I think the 2.2 will be released officially in october, as planned (just without the stat module, that can wait for last quarter, as there are no specific DB modifs for stats)

BUT, there are a lot of things to do for MARC21 & documenting

MARC21 :
======
In Koha 2.2, the authorities are managed like biblios in Koha 2.0 : through MARC parameters tables. I've defined (or am defining) those tables for UNIMARC, and for various authority types (author, subject...) THE SAME JOB MUST BE DONE FOR MARC21. And I don't plan to do it myself, unless I get a customer that uses MARC21 (in english). Be sure that this would be really a big surprise.
So, you need a candidate.
The parameters tables have almost exactly the same structure as for MARC biblios, except that in authorities, there is no tab, a field is just used or not used.

DOCUMENTING
=========
The online help is slowly, but continuously, completed by Stephen Hedges (www.koha.org/wiki)
Thanks to him. I think (am sure !) he would be happy to have some help.
Anyone with a working 2.0 can write online help.
I take care of the differences between 2.0 and 2.2. And i'll document every new feature through this online help (altough i don't write them on the wiki, but directly in Koha)

Thanks a lot for your attention, and don't hesitate to get involved. If many people are actively working on Koha, the next version will arrive soon.

--
Paul POULAIN