koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] for Nelsonville

From: Joshua Ferraro
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] for Nelsonville
Date: Tue Aug 17 22:21:17 2004

I blogged the file on my website some weeks back -- http://kados.org.
I'm currently working on a Koha sys admin manual that will have an
optimization section including an annotatated my.cnf to explain the
options and how to tweak them based on the size of the database, the
speed of the machine, and the functions performed ... I expect to complete
 the manual by the end of September (in time for my Koha presentation at
OLC).
For now, here are some parameters we are using on our machine (with a
1.4 gig database, and 2 gigs of RAM):

key_buffer_size = 768M
max_allowed_packet = 16M
table_cache = 512
sort_buffer_size = 2M
read_buffer_size = 2M
myisam_sort_buffer_size = 64M
thread_cache = 8
query_cache_size = 32M
thread_concurrency = 2
# default is 32M ... but even with 128M about
# 1/2 tmp_files are Created_tmp_disk_tables
# can't go too high cause it's threaded
tmp_table_size = 128M
tmpdir = /tmp/

(we use tmpfs for /tmp)