koha-devel

Re: [Koha-translate] Re: [Koha-devel] Multilingual Support in The User i

From: Paul POULAIN
Subject: Re: [Koha-translate] Re: [Koha-devel] Multilingual Support in The User interfase
Date: Tue Aug 17 09:19:07 2004

address@hidden wrote:

Thanks, Paul.

I have two further questions.  The first one is more important for me.  The
second is of general interest and would be good to include in the koha
translation HOWTO or documentation.

First, where can I use these tools to complete the preliminary Swedish
translation? Are any already online that can make po files?
where ? I'm not sure I understand your question.

Second, could you give an example or two of using tmpl_process3.pl?
./tmpl_process3.pl without argument gives you the parameters.
for example : ./tmpl_process3.pl create -r -i ~/koha-tmpl/intranet-tmpl/default/en -s ~/french.po
the -i being for original templates
the -s being the .po to generate.
when you want to generate translated templates, just run tmpl_process3.pl with install and a -o parameter.

Important note : in Koha, the .po is used to create translated templates. The .po is NOT used during runtime to translate a page. It's a sort of "template compilator". A little bit more work for developpers, but highly less CPU needs during runtime.

--
Paul POULAIN