koha-devel

[Koha-devel] Import to KOHA [35,000 records] successful!

From: Bruffey, Mark
Subject: [Koha-devel] Import to KOHA [35,000 records] successful!
Date: Tue Aug 17 06:44:15 2004

FYI: My attempt to import the 35k records into KOHA was a great success! Now, it was a quick-and-dirty transfer, to be sure; in fact, I did no pre-mapping MARC to KOHA. Nevertheless, the ease of the transfer and the usability of the database, even in this crude form gives me confidence that KOHA may turn out to be the means we us for circulation, as it continues to mature. I look forward to offering our collection publicly within a few weeks, though browse-only. We're not ready for circ just yet, I think.

Thanks to Stephen Hedges for critically important assistance via email.

Best,

Mark

L. Mark Bruffey
Director Library Services