koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] KohaWiki defaced daily

From: Rachel Hamilton-Williams
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] KohaWiki defaced daily
Date: Tue Nov 2 21:12:24 2004

MJ Ray wrote:

http://www.koha.org/wiki/ is being attacked by linkspammers almost every day. Recently, they have become more destructive, wiping out acres of material, such as on the QuestionsPosed page.

I'm against forcing user registration, but can we take some other action against these? Maybe some simple way to mark a change as spam, revert to the previous and flag it for the admin to look at (to ban IPs, contact remote network admins or whatever). It's not as easy to deal with total destruction of pages, unlike the simple "add links to end of page" spam we used to get.

That's a real shame - hmm, is there a way that unregisterd users changes get sent for vetting? so you have to register to edit directly?

Cheers
Rachel

Rachel Hamilton-Williams                Katipo Communications
MANAGING DIRECTOR                       Ph  021 389 128 or +64 04 934 1285
mailto:address@hidden              PO Box 12487, Wellington
http://www.katipo.co.nz                 New Zealand
Koha Open Source Library System
http://www.koha.org