koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Zebra Searching

From: Paul POULAIN
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Zebra Searching
Date: Tue Jun 14 00:47:48 2005

Joshua Ferraro a écrit :
If we decide to work with Zebra we will need to decide what to do with non-marc libraries. Should we develop an export utility that will allow Zebra to index the records (in say, XML format)? Should we use the Koha
tables to create a basic MARC record for use with Zebra? Should we leave
the Koha 1.x searching methods unchanged and only use Zebra for MARC libraries? Also, what should we do with the existing marc_*_table
tables?
I just add 1 question : zebra is quite simple to install, quite complex to configure, so : do we want a Koha harder to setup or have 2 differents ways to install Koha 2.4[*]

So ... it's clearly time to schedule a "Koha 2.4 Searching Group Meeting" on
IRC. I'd like to pick a time when everyone can be represented. how
is Thursday, June 23 at 9:00 GMT? Here's the time in your area:
http://tinyurl.com/925c8

I think i must be on this meeting. And I want to be there.
But june 23 is impossible for me. Next week, 20 and 21 are the only possible days. The week after will be harder (almost impossible).
(note that friday 17 is OK for me, as well as thursday 16.)

Please let me know on-list if you will not be able to attend and what
time you can attend.

[*] my opinion on Koha 2.4 is ... that is should be called 3.0, seeing all joshua ideas ;-)
--
Paul POULAIN